Friday, October 4, 2013

Business

Business
What you shout when you show no tact
All about how you do not know your fact

Spare me your psychology
A poor excuse is all it could be
You think I might be too low-key
Don't need to follow your lead

Wish you wouldn't have told me that
It's too late if you want to take it back

Spare me from this imagery
Can't breathe when I picture the scene
Lay it on till I'm climbing a tree
Half gone and I'm still not free

Want me to be little
Here among the people

Pass by and shake their heads
Hate why I'm still among them
Then change to the funny page
Needing something to subdue them

Left without an ember
Of what I remember

All gone to pay for your meal
As I completed circles
Grasping for a drop of the sun
Hands battered from the workload

Now you think you can make a deal
How can you live in a world that's so unreal?

Made off with my joy and pride
Then laughed at the tear that I cried
Held onto what you thought you could hide
No conscience to act as your guide

Spare me your philosophy
I don't dream so impossibly
You just need to get me down on one knee
Just leaving me out in the street

  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2012. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment