Thursday, October 3, 2013

Grumble

Grumble
I wouldn't attempt to fathom
Things that we happen on randomly
But even off in the background
Think I still can see
What you hid from me

Done the destruction wrongly sought
Kind of you to help me lift the pieces
Don't want to give up another thought
To what a flattering word releases
Or what you stand against
When you act without sense

With a delightful greeting
Have them all eating out of your hand
Find it far less upsetting
To trust my doubt
Learn to live without

Of your attention I am too late
To navigate you from another folly
Caught the aroma of perfume
As if to make true every name you called me
Don't have to let out a warning cry
If you're failing to respect my limit
Only ever issued in reply
Seems like the work is never finished
For I rely on you to see room for improvement

She's the queen of the scene
What an absolute honour
She can be a bit mean when every eye is
Not upon her

In a different setting
What treatment would I be getting?
You look like someone who used me
In my darkest hour
Wouldn't raise a glower

I'd be contented if instead
I heard what goes on in your head from the distance
I'd be resented if I said
You would have never made the slightest difference
If the design was mine to shape
I'd take you into a finer occupation
I must abandon you to fate
Can't protect you from your education
And likely will it be
One in humility
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2012. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment