Friday, October 4, 2013

Fishface

Fishface
Misgivings get the best of me
Something missing in the recipe
Half finished as the stamina diminishes

My train didn't want to wait
Left me standing in the fusillade
Fall down, turn my face into the ground

So tired of this endless campaign
No higher, not the slightest gain
Use up all my mind, such a waste of time

You like boys who sing like girls
And goggle at their precious costumes

In my bid to keep you satisfied
Turning into some kind of Mister Hyde
Irrational, won't be responsible

So sick of cleaning up these mistakes
Too many, don't have what it takes
Want to take a rest, witness some success

You think that it's fun to bleed
For everyone's complete amusement

Given to sing
Should not have to fight it
Wait in the wings
That much more excited
Pull on my reins
Steer me from disaster
Soon as I go insane
Hear the ringing laughter
From the highest rafter

Done sfailing, got my vision back
Smooth sailing, hope I stay on track
No sign to read, keeping me in mystery

Optional:

(Child's voice:) You're a-a fishface!
(Gurgling man:) I am not!
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment