Thursday, October 3, 2013

Out from Under

Out from Under
A new sensation
Distant relation
Intent on taking his time
He's got a five string Hohner
Sings like a loner
And every woman
Thinks she can save him

Waited til his back was turned
To pull it out from under
Leaving him so high and dry
Think they can make him cry

A better punchline
From standing in the soup line
Feeling low and ashamed
While they rest easy
And help themselves freely
To everything about him
Except for his good name

Easy to believe in Hell
Want to see them suffer
They sold their souls to live a lie
Damned to the day they die
Waited till my back was turned
To pull it out from under
They have more and want my all
Lower they could not fall

I only wanted to make you happy
I worked very hard so you could play
But what can I do beset by so many fools?
Wait at home and never see the day
Stand around and watch my hair turn grey

A constitution offers the solution
One nation under one God
But no one advances, taking their chances
Unless God's enemy gives them the full nod

Safe for me to scream out loud
Make the birds scatter
Wish I knew a different song
This one took far too long
Easy to believe in Hell
Want to se them suffer
Unable to receive the pain
All they deserve to gain
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2013. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment