Thursday, October 3, 2013

Penitence

Penitence
(MUSIC VIDEO OFFLINE)
No use to hold it against her the same
Would be a crying shame to put up with again

Made good sense to pay some penitence
Wrench me free of my comfort zone
Laughing since with such indifference
Standing strong inside the faith I have grown

Nothing she did made me cry for long
Did it to help me feel where my pride would belong

No offence to want some recompense
Take it out on a sorry hide
Helpless in his plea of innocence
With the selfishness he held inside
Made good sense to pay some penitence
Break me free of my comfort zone
Could have been in my best interest
And the truest love I've ever known

All to remind a child that was lost
Not to forget that a treasure can some at a cost

No more entangling threat to endure
More of the same to get if I stay too unsure

Stood the test of harsh benevolence
Took a while for the light to shine
Conscience wakened by her watchfulness
Flaying me until I knew I was fine
Made good sense to pay some penitence
Shake me loose of my comfort zone
Laughing since with such indifference
Standing strong inside the faith I have shown
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2010. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment