Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mistaken

Mistaken
I'll tell you what I won't tell many
For your view I won't give a penny
Think I thrive in a styrofoam cup
Think my drive is holding you up
Mistaken as sadly as any

The laugh that you thought you were getting
For me has become less upsetting
Only had to gather the cause
Hope that it was worth it because
Because your head's so full of fundamental flaws
It's taken me too long already

Want to show understanding
Want to appear unfazed
Want to stay with the colourful myth
Or what's left of it after it hits your praise

I know I must try to sustain it
I don't even want to complain of it
Get away from the taken dead end
Push ahead past the next hard bend
Never really needed a friend
And if you think I'm saying so to offend
Mistaken again and I mean it
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment