Thursday, October 3, 2013

Nothing but Ashes

Nothing but Ashes
Here am I cast aside
Basking inside my gloom
Where can I try to hide?
No one can find the room
Plenty of love to waste on a lie
Let the offenders run free
And when they're done having fun
Nothing but ashes for me

Live my life, pay the price
Share the unknown miseries
Then must rest second best
To obscene facsimiles
Wouldn't they love to lift you up?
Have you return it with glee?
But all they touch turns to dust
Nothing but ashes for me

One day come freedom
Right the outrageous wrong
She'll be by in a while
Hope she won't take too long
Cover my heart with healing hands
Ease my discomfort with play
Follow her out if I can
Never come back this way
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2013. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment