Thursday, October 3, 2013

Impressions

Impressions
Thought I had to slow my locomotion
Hide inside those eyes for a short while
Set adrift in a shimmering ocean
Free to take my time
Able to recline

Although it seems to satisfy you
To make impressions on me all day
Missing the most of my idle illusion
Watching the candle dwindle away

Thought I'd let you share an opinion
Fill me in on unimportant thing
I nod politely unable to listen
Give the wrong reply
Too preoccupied

Although you find it so amusing
To let me see the uses you make of me
I'll play along with your fanciful notion
The best accessory I can be

The one you follow does not know what she's doing
A blunder that will bring you to a bake sale

Jumping straight to new conclusions
No sooner had my feet hit the ground
Say it's more fun after one revolution
We have been around
And a way is found

When giving in to this temptation
Every new sensation to be tried
Now's not the time for another vacation
With opportunities opening wide
Although it seems to pacify you
To occupy my mind all day
Missing the root of my foolish delusion
And in confusion willing to stay
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2012. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment