Friday, October 4, 2013

Class

Class
You've been living with your head to ground
Don't want to look up, see how small you are
You've been talking without making a sound
Too afraid they're gonna say you went too far

Such successes, wouldn't have guessed they'd be so mediocre
Could be right to keep your dreams black-and-white
Cause if they ever are colour they soon will be over

He thinks that I should be exactly like him
Wants to see my future closing in
And my designs go from spectacular to dim
As I submit to someone else's whim
I'm so glad I'm not with the kind of a woman
Who makes her husband pay for all her mistakes
And takes her fears out on her innocent children

Hate to think that I've been wasting my time
Can't convince you with all I have inside
Never would pretend the whole world was mine
Doesn't leave me any place to hide

She's been busy cooking up the worst part of my adventure
Telling them everything that she can
And letting them scream what remains to be mentioned
Such successes, wouldn't have guessed they'd be so lacklustre
Aiming for the shiniest star
But a second hand car was the most you could muster

  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2012. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment