Friday, October 4, 2013

Candy Hearts

Candy Hearts
Say that Heaven is a place for
All good children
What makes you think that you are there?
Could have gone up the wrong flight of stairs

No regret that you left me alone
Not invited to my party
Played my song with the kitchen light on
As my surroundings grew untidy

Getting even never did I
Once believe in
Give the people freedom to err
Let them know if I think they're unfair

Can't give if I'm taking a side
Aim wide for laughs aplenty
Many more in my personal store
You don't have to leave me any
Can't imagine what you had in your mind
When I looked it came up empty
Candy hearts pulled us further apart
And a past that's so unsteady

You're pursuing nothing short of
Your undoing
The only way to make things right
Let them vanish in the dark of night

Shouldn't cry about a well that ran dry
Maybe the bucket was too heavy
You can win on support from within
Seven halflings at the ready
Couldn't see what you shrouded from me
When I looked it came out hazy
Lemon tarts had you falling apart
Though at the time you thought me crazy

  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2012. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment