Thursday, October 3, 2013

Headlong

Headlong
You showed no shame or sorrow
Bringing me the day
Not expecting to upset me
But you won't give back tomorrow
Since you took the past away
Headlong as the river narrows
Thinking here with me is where you're going to stay

Possible so far
Without a shoulder to cry on
Knowing that you are
Well inside my horizon

You fell down from a rainbow
Halo on display
Made no effort to recover
Kept the adulation central
Vibrations holding sway
Setting one against the other
I love you seriously but you just want to play

Fast in the shadows
Ready to greet dawn's arrival
See how the moon glows
As if to blot out its rival

It's the only way to travel
With the picture perfect guide
Magnetized to higher levels
Now I always have to be at your side

Holding on standby
Able to take the exposure
Might as well not even try
To escape this enclosure
Passable thus far
Without a hand to hold onto
Following any old star
Falling behind if I want to
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2013. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment