Friday, October 4, 2013

Forgotten

Forgotten
A beautiful day to go for a ride
The wind in my hair
The road wide, the outlook fair
Ready for the wonders in store
Hoping I haven't already seen them
Fiery sunset to glorious dawn
One solid streak of darkness between them

The casual one will sit and relax
And rack up a bit of fun
Before they come and ask for it back
Stupid excuses are all I would give
For a life that was lived to beg and to borrow
Someone's got to shoulder the blame
Live with the shame, live with the sorrow

Leaden children
Misbegotten
Blessed by Heaven
Forsaken, forgotten

A magical time, the stars are just right
To make it to next week
I won't have to put up a fight
Not that I'm an unusual case
Of disgrace or wasted potential
I can put my pride in its place
Accept my space for minimal rental

But leaden children
Wrapped in cotton
Blessed by Heaven
Forsaken, forgotten
Soldiers drop in
Wars they fought in
Dying to know the reason
No sooner forgotten
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2010. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment