Thursday, October 3, 2013

Heartstrings

Heartstrings
No need to cry if you've had a bad day
I'm right here beside you
With you all the way
Why did you try to chase me away?
You're so fantastic
I love you anyway

And if you're sure that what you're doing is right
You may soon recover
And if I decide to let you out of my sight
Would there be another downfall?

Sadly I wasn't very surprised
To hear that you suffer
I see it in your eyes
Half of your happiness depending on lies
No one to blame
No one to chastise
And if you need to take a load off your mind
You can write me a letter
Fill it with every excuse you can find
Long as you never leave me

Passing time
Angel wings on my mind
Wanted to hurt me but I must have been blind
Hoping it's going to make us closer

Happy am I to know that you care
You will not regret it
Treat you fair and square
Many the good times we can still share
Once you accept you
Have to start somewhere

I know I can be an emotional guy
It must be hard to love me
I wish I could give you every star in the sky
Just for putting up with me
I hope I'm not doing a terrible thing
Pulling on your heartstrings
But unless I can see I refuse to believe
You have any feelings for me
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2012. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment