Friday, October 4, 2013

Foothead

Foothead
Laying safely
Free from frightful glare
Clinging to the window
Gulping at the air
May have wandered backward
Cannot recall my aim
Led by a costly vision
Some lofty mission
Knowing how to
Stay calm and unafraid
Play with my Doomsday machine
Drink my lemonade
Must they bother
To carry out the charade
Reaching my illusion
Adding to confusion

The misplaced moon
Was someone else's doing
I'll get by on whatever
More humble than ever

Don't have to cry about
Where all the time would go
The more I find out
The less I want to know
Withdraw into the game
Revisions answer the call
Surround the last of my doubters
Change his mind once and for all

In the ruin
Nothing left to consume
Standing against the reaction
Had to let it happen
Thinking soon
I'll have a brighter tune
Keeping down with the outers
Louder than ever
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment